flywheels

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: flywheels
From: "Michael Lupynec" <mlupynec@globalserve.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 00:29:12 -0400
here's a little more insight on flywheels from another
uncollaborated source

*****************

I took the flywheel for the 1500 Midget to the machine shop today.
Remember
this is the flywheel I bought for $25 to replace the one that was
pretty
chewed up by becoming loose.   I took it to the shop to have it
resurfaced,
but ended up having more done to it:

After bead blasting the flywheel, the shop is going to turn the
flywheel ring
around to expose the unused side to the starter gears, resurface
it, and
balance the flywheel.  This is going to cost me in the range of
$60.  I
should have a real solid flywheel to reinstall in a couple of
days.