Re: flywheels

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: flywheels
From: "Jerry Causey" <jcausey@whidbey.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 19:36:53 -0800
I almost certain that we 4-cylinder folk can just turn the flywheel 90
degrees (relative to the crankshaft flange) and bolt it up to "renew"
the part of the ring gear that is engaged by the starter. The flywheel
stops at the same location every time the engine is turned off for
some simple technical reason that is way beyond my
understanding. I think Barney told us so.

Regards,
Jerry

> here's a little more insight on flywheels from another
> uncollaborated source
> I took the flywheel for the 1500 Midget to the machine shop today.
  <<Big Snip>>