Towing MG

To: mlupynec@globalserve.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Towing MG
From: abadeker@tribune.com
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 09:25:50 -0500
     Hello Mike:

     I towed my A coupe, with wires, out to Colorado (from Kansas to first
     job) and my parents towed the same car to Chicago (also from Kansas,
     third job) without problems. We used one of those UHaul-type tow
     dollies, strapping the FRONT wheels onto the dolly. (And disconnecting
     the driveshaft, for those listers who are keeping score.)

     As long as you don't tow the car backwards, there is no danger of the
     knockoffs unscrewing themselves, from all I've heard. Unless some
     previous owner has put the wrong hubs on the wrong side.

     And if the car is in rough shape, I guess I might not want to trust
     the rear wires/tires/bearings/seals to stand up to a 1,500-mile
     highway journey. Maybe a trailer is the wise choice.

     Which leaves your original question unanswered. No doubt some wiser
     lister will provide ...

     Have a safe trip.
     Andy Badeker
     1600 coupe