Dumb Question re V8

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Dumb Question re V8
From: bburrows@webtv.net (Bruce Burrows)
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 22:59:10 -0400 (EDT)
Sometimes, in order to learn, it is necessary to reveal ignorance.  Here
goes:

I was looking through my copy of Clausager last night ("Original MGB")
and read about the MGB-GT V8.  Wow!  Nice car, and the engine weighs
less than the BMC "B" series!

I have a few questions I hope someone will answer from a _USA_
perspective, which is not available in Clausager.

Was this car ever sold new at the dealer in the United States?  When?

Did this car ever exist as a chrome bumper MGB - from the factory?
Sold in the USA?

Thanks.

Boy that photo of the engine, with the twin valve covers each having
impeccable MG insignia, is impressive.

(I guess small sports cars with small V8 engines just hold a fascination
for me <VBG>.)

Bruce Burrows

'59 MGA basket case
'60 Daimler SP 250