Re: Blowing fuse 5-6

To: spanlab@ceibo.entelnet.bo, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Blowing fuse 5-6
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 11:40:10 EDT
In a message dated 4/15/00 6:05:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
spanlab@ceibo.entelnet.bo writes:

<< I'm still blowing fuse 5-6 so I disconnected all terminals
 connected to this fuse.  It still blew when I turned the ignition key. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I can't see how that is possible!  Do you mean you disconnected all the
terminals on the out going side of the fuse?  If you disconnected all the
wires, there would be no power coming in to blow the fuse.

If only the incoming power is connected and the fuse blew, there must be
something bent beneath the fuse block that is shorting to the sheet metal.

Pull all the terminals off both sides and remove the fuse.  Connect a
continuity tester (ohm meter or a test light with a battery in it) to one
side and to ground. The light should not light.  Then try the oither side.
Light should not light.  If the light does not light on both tests, there is
no way the fuse could blow the way you described.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport