Re: Maybe carb problem is not?

To: saidel@crab.rutgers.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Maybe carb problem is not?
From: Solentmg@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 09:57:17 EDT
Bill. I am as you put it Larry Macy's ''new freind to the list''. The more I
think about you problem and with the new info on the timing light, the more
convinced I am that your problem is in the ignition circuit. I can only
assume that you have got your carb. dashpots topped up to the correct levels.
as this I think could be the only alternative to an ignition fault. I have
found that sometimes if the timing light clamp is not a good tight fit around
the plug lead that this can give an erratic reading! You did I'm sure put new
gaskets between carburetors, spacers and manifold as an air leak could give
you the symptoms you are describing. My suggestion would be to try the coil
first. Reg.