Re: A funny thing happened...

To: eric@erickson.on.net
Subject: Re: A funny thing happened...
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 11:45:32 -0400
Eric,
  Good point about the litigious world.
  CT MG Club had a tech session this past Sunday. On each car's checklist
sheet was written prominently:
"Disclaimer:  the folks helping you to inspect your own car are not
certified professional mechanics. They may not find every problem that
exists in a car that is at least twenty years old with an unknown history
of operation and maintenance. They are not guaranteeing your safety and
happiness, and are not liable for anything, anyhow, anyway. "Safety Fast"
is ultimately up to the owner and driver of the car."
  This is probably meaningless, but it made those of us who were crawling
around under cars perched on jackstands, dripping hot oil and other
fluids onto us, etc, feel less burdened by the thought that no good deed
goes unpunished.
Bob