Running without a thermostat

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Running without a thermostat
From: eric@erickson.on.net
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 14:47:43 +0000
As a NEW topic :-)

Can I canvass the range of opinions on running with no thermostat at all?

The temperature where I am rarely gets *really* cold (well, certainly no ice or
snow) but what is the danger of the engine running *too* cold for *too* long?
in
a temperate climate region?

Sure I may need to run the choke for a bit longer... or maybe not?

Is there any danger of the water temp. guage not telling me what it should (the
water temperature is the water temperature is the water temperature, isn't it)?

In these generally warm to hot climates I get sick of the car running hot, so
having the temperature down a bit certainly doesn't make me nervous.

There you go... and I didn't even put the words "stupid question" in the
subject
line :-)

Eric
'68MGB MkII