Re: Run w/o a 'stat, now coolant

To: eric@erickson.on.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Run w/o a 'stat, now coolant
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 11:03:17 EDT
In a message dated 4/20/00 8:33:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
eric@erickson.on.net writes:

<< The old housing was badly corroded internally (including up in the bolt
 holes) so it seems that previous owners used a lot of the 'orrible South
 Australian water instead of straight coolant. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

You don't want to use straight coolant either.  Water is the best coolant.
If your area is prone to getting below freezing in the winter, use no more
than a 50/50 mix of antifreeze and water.  If you NEVER get below freezing,
use plain old water and a bottle of Red Line Water-Wetter.

I'm sure there'll be no debate about this either, except for "We Tight" Frank
C. who uses dish detergent in place of the Water-Wetter.  In any case, drain,
flush and refill once a year.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget