O'drive switches.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: O'drive switches.
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 14:19:50 -0500
All,

  Just came by a top-fill O'drive tranny.  It has 3 switches mounted on
it.  One is mounted on the gearbox case on the passenger side.  It
closes when reverse is engaged, so it must be for the backup lights.
Another is mounted on the driver's side, on the shifter housing.  It
doesn't work but I presume it's for the 1st & 2nd gear lockout.  There's
a 3rd, much smaller switch mounted on the shifter housing about half way
back to the gear lever on the passenger side; it's open when the tranny
is in neutral.  Is this one for the TCSI?  What's that tell me about the
year of the car the tranny is likely to have been originally installed
in?

  Happy Easter,

  Charley Robinson
  '69 B still in pieces.