RE: more idiot questions

To: "MG list (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: more idiot questions
From: "Garner, Joseph P." <JPGarner@UCDavis.Edu>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 23:41:18 -0700
Hi Dave, hi everyone...

Dave's reply made me think of something... More than anything I just wanted
to say thank you to everyone who asks questions and everyone who writes in
with their answers. This atmosphere on this list is fantastic, and the
advice that is provided is indespensible to people like me. I've learnt an
awful lot in the last month... I rather stupidly assumed that looking after
an MGB would be like looking after my old landrover back in the UK. But they
are such a hugely different kettle of fish. My experiences doing basic
service and maintence on the landrover have provided me with just that:
experience. I'm a good enough mechanic to follow shop manual instructions,
and i'm a good enough mechanic to know when to stop and ask for advice. (and
as you have probably gathered, there's hardly been a job where i haven't had
to stop and ask!) It's the wealth and depth of advice on this list that
makes the experience enjoyable: in fact my main motivation for maintaining
my own car is to slowly learn, bit by bit, how these beautiful machines work
(I was one of those kids who would alwyas take things apart to the dismay
and horror of my parents).

So thank you everyone, gurus, tinkerers and question askers... you are all
fantastic

cheers

Joe.

_________________