brake question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: brake question
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 23:18:30 -0700
Hey all,

Working hard on the rally car.  Just one more weekend to get it
done.  The cage was finished last Thursday, inspected by the
scrutineer Friday and we've got a log book!

The brakes...yuck.  My exeperience with hydraulic systems has
been either rebuild it and it works, or it's so bad it needs replacing.

Here are the symptoms:

Bleed the system, it feels good, for a moment, then to the floor again.
Pump the pedal a couple of times, starts to feel good, will hold the
pressure on the system when held down, release it, back then it's
awful again.

No signs of leaks, at least not major ones (there might be a weepy
rear cylinder, but it's hard to tell).

My guess is bad brake master cylinder.  I know it's hard to tell
over the 'net...any advice?  If I need a new BMC, so be it, it just
means one less spare tyre... :|   But I've got to solve it soon,
not much time.

I'm not sure if I've iterated it in this forum, but Corbeau "clubman"
seats fit wonderfully in a 'B, really nice competition seat, for
$220 each.

Thanks all!

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary                          http://www.TeamSanctaury.com/