RE: speaking of brakes

To: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: speaking of brakes
From: Maffei Andrew P SSgt 27LG/LGQPT <Andrew.Maffei@cannon.af.mil>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 13:45:50 -0600
Yes this is true, if the brake shoes (or pads) get saturated with brake
fluid they will lock up  even just lightly touching the brakes. Just had
this happen to me in a 89 Plymouth Voyager, blew the seals in the brake
cylinder, saturated the shoes and after repairing the cylinder, the wheel on
that side would constantly lock up, even on light braking.  the shoes( or
pads) can't be cleaned either, they have to be replaced.
Andy, 66B