Re: speaking of brakes

To: James.Nazarian@colorado.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: speaking of brakes
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 12:12:57 EDT
In a message dated 4/25/00 7:32:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
James.Nazarian@Colorado.EDU writes:

<< speaking of heat and braking, I want my rotors to glow bright red when I
 touch the brakes, similar to the way GT1 cars do it.  Anyone have a
 miracle way of doing this in a B? >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You could probably install a propane tank with pipes that lead down to
nozzles near the brake pads.  Ignition by a piezo-electric starter would be
an elegant way  to accomplish this, and some sort of regulator would also be
needed.

Please let me know if you plan to drive this B into Pennsylvania so I can get
outta here!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget