Re: In search of Better Brakes...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: In search of Better Brakes...
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 00:12:46 EDT
Tab:

When I was shopping for an MGB, I test drove a lot of them. They all seemed
to have poor brakes. The one I finally bought had the worst. It would hardly
stop, even with a great deal of pedal pressure. I also considered some kind
of upgrade, but the more I drove it, the better the brakes performed. All the
cars I tested had been sitting undriven for long periods of time (some stored
in sheds, others in the open). I've come to the conclusion that brakes don't
like long periods of storage. My brakes are now superb. I've had two
occasions where I had to make panic stops, the B stopped fast and straight.
This is a stock '71 with no power assist, and certainly no ABS. Before you
condemn your stock brakes, make sure they're up to snuff.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336