Brakes, book, alternator

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Brakes, book, alternator
From: Rich Arimoto <arimoto@cemrc.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 16:05:01 -0700
In a recent (April 2000) issue of Thoroughbred & Classic Cars, there is a
small sidebar on "High tech brakes for MGs."   These are Kevlar-based pads
(called EBC Greenstuff) available from Brown & Gammons (phone 01462 49004)
that are supposed to make braking 20% more efficient compared with standard
pads.  Zero metal content.  Along with EBC Zinc coated disks, complete kits
start at 100 pounds.

Also, that issue has a very favorable (5 star) review of a book called
_MGB_ by David Knowles, published by Bay View Books, ISBN 1-901432-25-4, 25
pounds.

[Don't know whether the pads or the book are available outside the UK, no
commercial ties or interests, etc.]

Finally, I converted the alternator on my '72 MGB to a GM/Delco unit.  I've
been in touch with Paul Tegler (on the list), who said he'd put the info on
his web site (he also converted alternators but used a different
approach).  Feel free to contact me off-line for more info if you're
interested.  I'm glad I did it.

Rich A