I flunked electronics 101, help please

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: I flunked electronics 101, help please
From: PAINTRIX@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 15:30:44 EDT
I am cleaning up a mess left by the PO of my 78B during his attempt to hook
up a radio/cassette sound system.  Everytime I turn the engine off I loose
all the preset stations.  The instructions say to take one of two "power"
wires and connect it to a 12V unswitched power source.  I gather that wire
gives the radio enough juice to remember everything.  The question I have is
where is the best unswithched power source? Could I tap into the "hot" wire
powering the headlamps? Or should I use a cleaner connection
like________________(please fill in the blank)

The sun is out and about 70 degrees  and I'm in garage scratching my head,
the same weather is predicted for tomorrow so any overnight help would be
appreciated.
Steve Petrosky
Cinti, Ohio