Re: Vibration, Overdrive and such

To: "Gary R Hacker" <grhacker@wfl.fha.dot.gov>,
Subject: Re: Vibration, Overdrive and such
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 14:41:19 -0700
You should start by testing the solenoid operation. The procedure should
be in the Bentley manual. If you can get the electrics to work, it is
likely that the OD will function OK (One thing I'm puzzled about -- how
come you have a wiper stalk switch if the car did not originally have OD?
It would seem a difficult thing to retrofit... or were all Bs that year
fitted with the same switch, OD or not?). If it doesn't, it's probable
that someone reversed with the OD actuated and seriously damaged it.
AFAIK there aren't a lot of other potential causes for non-operation. Oh,
change the oil and filter while you're at it. The OD shares the
transmission oil, and requires 30wt engine oil. Good luck.

Gary R Hacker had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149