Transmission?!

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Transmission?!
From: <SRegel@dpra.com> (Scott Regel)
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 9:40:32 EDT
I was cruising for the first time this year in my 76B (shame on me huh!).  It
was a beautiful spring day after raining almost evey day for the last two
months.  So I took the cover of and did the bonding thing with my "B".  When
I was in third gear I experienced a "surge" or a sudden burst of speed.
Caught me by surprize!  Could this be a problem with my overdrive or some
kinky carb problem with the DGV weber that's on there.  It was almost like
the overdrive kicking in on when passing with an automatic transmission.  Any
insights, concerns...bad news?!!!!

TIA

Scott
76B (with an automatic passing gear!!)