RE: The dreams of youth......

To: "'Ajhsys@aol.com'" <Ajhsys@aol.com>, tonyw@mailmedia.com,
Subject: RE: The dreams of youth......
From: "Garner, Joseph P." <JPGarner@UCDavis.Edu>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 15:42:31 -0700
My experiences of the two are both happy.

I think the only time i've ever sung along to the radio on a road trip was
in a VW, the song was "Octopus's garden". We weren't drunk either. And i
can't think up a better way to sum why VW buses are so cool, or why you
should want to own one. I've also seen loads in
not-the-best-condition-but-just-needs-some-TLC kinda shape up here in
northern CA. Keep looking.

I'm sure i'll get flamed for saying this, but I find the B or the midget
intrinsically more beautiful objects than the GT. And for me at least, the
joy of owning an MGB is the sheer fun of driving on a sunny day with the top
down, and the joy of looking after such a beautiful machine. Just my
opinion, based of course, on ignorance   ;-)

hee hee hee

Joe

p.s. I found my MGB on traderonline. AS well as a number of other cars i
turned down, ranging from crappy, to fair to ok to good.

Dr. Joseph Garner
University of California
Department of Animal Science
One Shields Avenue