It lives!!! (so far)

To: bfrench@nh.ultranet.com
Subject: It lives!!! (so far)
From: Carl French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 21:10:34 -0400
At 16:15hrs easterntime I drove out of my mechanics driveway with 67'B
under it's own power!!! So far it has not self destructed. I was running
out of time so I towed it down to have him do the last few things like
the dreaded transmission crossmember. I have been in the middle of this
rebuild since mid December so I now want a break form the learing
experiance and to have clean hands for a while. When it started up it
made the worst clatter, we turned it off IMMEDIATLY and while I was
still unconcious he found part of the generator was hitting the blades
on the pulley. That fixed it purred quite well. I had a fuel problem
just before my house and I found the float on the front HS4 stuck, found
some little rubber bits in the chamber and in the jet. That taken care
of I took my wife (my "gorgeous" wife for Bud) for a little spin and it
still did not blow up on me. Tomorrow I take it to work (a 15 mile
drive) where I can clean it a bit (so long as it does blow up on the
way)

I am so looking forward to the Club 'Blessing of the Fleet on Sunday (if
there was ever a car that needed it this is the one).

Thanks to all those who helped with the project. The cam should work out
fine Lawrie, I cannot wait to really stretch it out.

Carl
67B with 16 miles on the new engine!
74B For sale