No Brake Lites

To: <mistebar@juno.com>
Subject: No Brake Lites
From: "Tim Economu" <economu@whidbey.com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 09:11:54 -0700
The switch works backwards, kind of. You screw it OUT to turn on the brake
lights. Yes the nut is the adjustment tightening nut. If the lights are not
coming on, screw the brake switch OUT from the housing (not into the
housing). In other words counter-clockwise (or anti-clockwise).

Also switch is relatively cheap and available. I tried to rebuild mine and
ended up with an intermittent short circuit which blew a main fuse. Had a
hell of a time getting home from the Redmond ABFM last year. Had to stop at
Shucks for a box of replacement fuses. Replace the switch with a new and now
all is well with Lucas.

Kind regards,
Tim.
Mona '69 MGBGT

removed the "insides" of the switch from the case. When I put it back,
no brake lites. I pushed in the plastic switch lever inside the switch
with my finger, and no brake lites. Does this mean the brake switch is
not working, or does it have to be grounded or something to do this?
There is a nut on the Box, which is very tight. Is this welded on, or