Re: Problem solved for the moment? and a Towing question (Was An Introdu

To: larryhoy@prodigy.net
Subject: Re: Problem solved for the moment? and a Towing question (Was An Introduction)
From: David Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 10:57:32 -0500

On Thu, 4 May 2000 19:21:11 -0600 "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
writes:
> > I used to drive my MGB under the parking gates at the University of
> Colorado
> > in Boulder.  The gate had just enough slop that you could lift it
> over the
> > windshield, as you drove up to it slowly.  It made parking on
> campus on a
> > Friday night to watch movies a lot cheaper.
> >
> > Kelvin.
>
> Ha, that reminds me.  At college I had a TR-3.  When the person in
> front of me paid to activate
> the arm and drove out I just followed behind.  The TR-3 was low
> enough and small enough we both
> made it through before the arm came back down.
>
> Larry Hoy

I easily slid under one of the gates on the Sam Houston Tollway here in
Houston when it didn't register my payment.  I think they've placed the
arms high up so the pickup truck and SUV drivers can see it.  I've also
managed to get in and out of parking garages with just a little upwards
encouragement on the gates.

Hey, Kelvin, as a fellow Buffalo, could you please let me know if Moss
wants to continue its ad in the Houston All British Motor Vehicle Expo
brochure (a measly $25)?  We are setting it up after this weekend and
need to know.

Thanks.

David Littlefield
Houston, TX