Steel Bonnet Blues

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Steel Bonnet Blues
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sat, 06 May 2000 22:42:09 +0000
OK, more blues... it must be that time of the year.

For those who haven't followed the saga, I bent my alloy (aluminium)
bonnet and am haggling with the insurance company to ensure it is
replaced with an alloy bonnet and not the cheaper steel option.

Right now, to keep the engine warm I have a borrowed (RED - goes
faster), steel bonnet on my car.  Compared to the alloy it is REALLY
heavy even though the rust spots must lighten it.  It is an ugly thing
to behold.

I took the car for a test run out of town in 70mph areas and I could not
believe the difference that it makes to the feel and handling of the
car.  This makes me REALLY want the alloy bonnet now.

I am racing (sprinting) on Sunday with this steel bonnet and I am
dreading it.

Eric
'68MGB MkII