Re: Slooooooooow turn signal

To: "Enrique Claure" <spanlab@ceibo.entelnet.bo>,
Subject: Re: Slooooooooow turn signal
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 17:11:09 +0100
As well as a bad flasher it could be low voltage at the turn flasher due to
bad connections back through the hazard switch, green fuse, white circuit
etc.  Or bad connections forward from the flasher through the turn switch to
the lamps.  The hazard flasher works on a completely different principle to
the turn flasher (deliberately) so the fact the hazards work OK but the
turns do not *doesn't* rule out common circuitry like lamp grounds.

The lamps in (not under) the front rubber bumper (presumably) are supposed
to flash.  The side marker lamps come on either with side-lights.

Trunk light gets its ground through the trunk switch.  If you have 12v on
both the purple and purple/white (with the lamp in and trunk open, of course
;-)) then you are missing the ground.  Check the purple/white at the switch
as well and if you have 12v here as well it is either the switch or its
connection to the body bracket.  If you have no 12v at the switch then the
purple/white is broken between switch and lamp holder.

PaulH.