Reference Books

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Reference Books
From: "Lundy, John D." <JOHN.D.LUNDY@saic.com>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 15:09:15 -0700
I'm new to MG ownership - finally a long time dream comes true!
I am now the proud owner of a little yellow '79 MG Midget.  It seems to run
fine, mostly,
but of course there will always be some problems to fix, both short-term and
longer.

My initial investment included $1000 for the car (hey, it RUNS fine), and
about $325 for
a new top (already almost installed).  I have purchased as supporting
documentation:

Haynes Repair Manual (already here)
Owner's Manual Reprint (coming)
Factory Workshop Manual Reprint (coming $45 - ouch)
Lucas Fault Diagnosis Manual (coming)

all from Moss Motors

BUT

after an exhaustive (and exhausting) local and regional search,
I have not been able to find any more documentation.

My Question - Any (been there done that) recommendations on the following??

Guide to Purchase & DIY Restoration (Lindsay Porter) - $36 (ouch)
Step By Step Guide to MG Midget Service - $37 (ouch)
MGB & Midget Restoration (Jim Tyler) - $44 (extra ouch)

I do not want to waste money buying all 3 unless there is a good reason...
I also do not want to spend money on the wrong thing...

If I could browse these 3, I would know right away which to buy, BUT
they do not exist locally - only in the MM Catalog.

Any clues for a beginner?  Thanks much, JL