Re: Trouble Installing TD Oil Pan

To: JustBrits@aol.com
Subject: Re: Trouble Installing TD Oil Pan
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 21:33:22 EDT
In a message dated 5/15/00 12:45:42 AM !!!First Boot!!!, JustBrits writes:

> << I'm going to find some softer cork!  >>
>
>  Soak it in oil, Bob??

No, I didn't. But I did smear some assembly lube on it before my second
attempt to get the sump on. How long should it be soaked? Does this apply to
all cork seals? How about cork seals used on the coolant system. Should they
be soaked in water? As you can tell, I'm a rank amateur hobby mechanic with a
lot to learn. The advice I've received on this list has been invaluable.
Thanks a lot.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336