Re: Water Pump - on its way out!

To: Dr David McNaughton <david@mcna.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Water Pump - on its way out!
From: Geoffrey Gallaway <geoffeg@sloth.org>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 15:15:25 -0400 (EDT)
I would say you can continue to drive it daily just be carefull. Take a
few gallons of water with you and see if the dripping has increased at the
end of every trip. If it starts to get worse it probably means its going
to get much worse very quickly.

My 68 Ford Falcon dripped water constantly from the water pump for 6
months until after one day of hard driving just gave way. That was an
interesting experience, I saw the "HOT" light come on then almost
immediatly the windshield got hit with tons of water, the car died (the
water shorted the distributor) and I saw the contents of my cooling system
on the ground behind me...

Geoff

--
Geoffrey Gallaway || Programming the X Window System is like trying to find
geoffeg@sloth.org || the square root of pi using Roman numerals.