Re: aluminum heads revisited.

To: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Subject: Re: aluminum heads revisited.
From: Steve Darby <elan@efortress.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 09:06:14 -0600
I do not use Champion plugs. In the past I have had 1 out of 4 beeing bad
out of the box.
I have (with another company) done extensive reasearch on plugs with a dyno
and 5 gas analyser and the best plugs that we found were Nippin-Denso and
Bosch. Champions were the worst because the resistance varried 20,000 to
40,000 ohms wen they got hot (normal running temp) and sometimes went bad
altogether.
ND (whick makes Accel. ND plug colored yellow) and Bosch had the lowest
variations  (+ or - 1,000 ohms) of all.
Steve Darby
Sports Cars Int'l