Overdrive at last!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Overdrive at last!
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 16:49:03 -0500
All,

  Spome of you whom I met at the Salado, TX, MG GoF will remember that I
was terribly distressed because after all the work I put into my B in
rebuilding the engine and drivetrain, the overdrive I bought from John
Black of Waterloo Drivetrains didn't work.  Moreover, John hadn't
answered three Emails that I'd sent to him over the course of several
days while trying to get the car driveable so as to make it to the GoF.
Well, I should've kept my trap shut.  By the time it got back to John,
it was blown all out of proportion and he was understandably unhappy
with me.

  It seems that John had a spate of probs with getting msgs off of his
Email server, so some of my posts may have gone in the bit bucket while
all of his incoming traffic was mucked up. So that explains why John
hadn't replied to me.

  It turned out that the problem with the overdrive was a combo of a
solenoid wire that got partially mashed because the tranny rolled over
on it in the back of my truck, a high resistance across the contacts of
the 1-2 lockout switch on the tranny and some sticking valves in the OD
itself.  Once I got the OD to work by bypassing the switch, it worked
until the mashed wire finally broke at the ferrule.  I wound up
replacing the wire on the solenoid.  John replaced the switch and a
leaky rear seal at his shop in Austin last Tuesday and the OD is working
fine now.

  John came through for me and I'm sorry I spoke too soon.

  Sincerely,

  Charley Robinson
  Kerrville, TX