Re: Aluminum heads / anti seize compound

To: yd3@nvc.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Aluminum heads / anti seize compound
From: REwald9535@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 23:09:00 EDT
Well curosity got the better of me so I went to the Permatex web site to see
what I could find.
http://www.permatexbrands.com/products/prodidx.asp?f_call=get_item&item_no=771
24
Under loctite nickel Anti-sieze 771 (the gray stuff) it says "For preventing
corrosion and galling in high temperature applications such as drop forge
dies, hot corrosive environments and chemical pumps."

Now I don't know how hot a drop forge die gets, but since it deals with
liquid metal I somehow think that the die is warmer than any exhaust manifold.
$.02
Rick