Re: British Motor Heritage... to FORD

To: <MGMagnette@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: British Motor Heritage... to FORD
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 20:25:02 +0100
No, the MG name *is* owned by Phoenix but the Rover name is only licenced to
them by BMW for the current range of cars, this was an agreement between
Ford and BMW to stop anyone else selling 4x4s under the Rover name.  Ford
have also bought the whole British Motor Heritage Group (includes BMIHT
exhibits and archive, BMH classic parts manufacture).  I spoke to Gaydon
today and they have no information yet as to what the transfer to Ford might
mean but see it as a positive move for them.  We could well see a wider
British museum including Jaguar and Aston Martin.  Oh, and I suppose Ford
too.

The BMIHT exhibits and archive have always been part of a charitable
educational trust to protect them against breaking up, selling, or shipping
off elsewhere - and that was from the man who was awarded the OBE by the
Queen for starting the whole thing (BMIHT) off.

PaulH.