Re: British Motor Heritage... to FORD

To: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>,
Subject: Re: British Motor Heritage... to FORD
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 17:01:09 +0100
Whilst I can understand that for commercial reasons they want to commonise
parts across models I don't like their habit of making Jaguars at Halewood,
on Mondeo floor pans etc.  But what takes the biscuit for me is fitting Ford
switchgear in the Aston Martin Vantage and Volante.  There is absolutely no
excuse for this, the purchasers of such cars would probably *prefer* to pay
more and have something as exclusive as the rest of the car.  Mark my words,
when Ford get hold of MG it will just be a badge but the marketing will have
you believe anything but.

PaulH.