Re: Stuck 77B Wheel...

To: "C. Allen Shaffer" <shaffer.2@osu.edu>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stuck 77B Wheel...
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 17:16:02 -0600
I've always managed to get mine off although once I had to rock the wheel
and pound it with a sledge hammer. But I've heard that if you loosen the
front knock-offs and then take the car for a short drive, making sharp
turns, its supposed to work the wheel free (that us if its on the front).
Fortunately I haven't had to do this. Just be sure the knock offs are not
too loose.

But once you experience the stuck wire wheel, you learn to make sure the
splines are kept greased.

David
67 BGT
71 BGT