Still having problems!

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Still having problems!
From: "Michael E. Blair" <mblair@nfis.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 15:22:18 -0400
My car use to run for about 20 minutes then start popping and sputtering. I
could shut it down for a few minutes then it would run again for 20 mins. I
replaced fuel lines, plugs, cap, rotor, fuel filter, fuel pump, coil, wires,
rebuilt and rejetted the carb(Mikuni), tore the fuel tank out and had it
cleaned and probably did other things I can't think of now. I thought it was
fixed as the other day it ran for close to an hr. Today I get in it and it
barely makes it a block, sputters and shuts off. Won't even start at this
point. So, I sit for a few minutes then the car fires up and drives off. I
then drive it for about 15 mins, park it, get back in it and again it barely
makes it a block. I am getting very frustrated! I doubt this is even a
problem I could take to a garage because it is intermittent and I don't know
if they would even see the problem unless they drove it til it shut off.
This problem doesn't seem to happen if it just sits and idles.

Any more tips on where to look for trouble? Also, I am in the
Hagerstown/Frederick area of Maryland, any good MG garages around here?

Thanks,
Mike
78B