RE: Glenwood Springs anyone?

To: "Kevin Sullivan" <kevins@khoral.com>, <british-cars@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Glenwood Springs anyone?
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 10:55:19 -0600
> Is anyone going to the 48th Annual Rallye Glenwood Springs in Colorado June
>10 and 11?

Well Kevin, I am.

Kevin great message, it reminded me that I should have taken the time to
promote this event on the
net through these lists, especially since this event may be one of the best car
events in the USA.

The MGCC Rocky Mountain Centre [ http://www.mgcc.org/ ] has been putting on the
Rallye Glenwood
Springs for 48 years.  Some say it is the oldest rallye in North America.  The
route takes the
participants from Denver to Glenwood Springs through the Colorado Rocky
Mountains.  This is some
of the most beautiful scenery in the US.  The rallye is a TSD rallye.  Trophies
are given for the
top three finishers in several classes.  You should be warned that some of the
roads are unpaved,
if you don't want to take your "baby" on gravel roads you may want to consider
the tour.

The tour, which is run at the same time as the rallye is designed to be less
demanding than the
rallye and provide a leisurely route through Colorado's Rocky Mountains on all
paved roads.  You
will be guided through the tour by a series of concise, detailed, instructions
spiced with
outrageous mind games and tantalizing teasers.  Again three trophies, for two
classes; novice and
expert.

There is a great banquet on Saturday night, and a car show and a Funkhana on
Sunday.

Door prizes, and several special awards will be given on Saturday night,
including a hard luck
trophy, and longest distance traveled.

Event information can be found on the club's web site [ http://www.mgcc.org/ ],
Glenwood Springs
information can be found at
[ http://www.ci.glenwood-springs.co.us/links/ ]

Entry forms are available on the club's web site; or, if you email me directly
with your address I
can mail you one.

By the way, you can "run what ya brung".  Although we are an MG car club we
have enjoyed many
different cars over the years.   Everything from the modern day domestic
driver; to cars like
Morris', Porsches, Z cars, Miatas, Ferraris, Citroens, Sunbeams, Cobras,
Tigers, Lotus, Triumphs
(yes we even let them in <grin>) need I say more?  This year we will be
approaching 100 cars.

Come one, come all, and enjoy.

Larry Hoy