Re: Minilite Wheels

To: d_dibiase@yahoo.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Minilite Wheels
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 09:40:40 EDT
In a message dated 5/31/00 5:51:46 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
d_dibiase@yahoo.com writes:

> I'm wondering why the wheels will determine whether he
>  can get these plates or not...? Guess he could always
>  switch back to standard wheels, get the plates, then
>  put the minilites back on....

In BC, for instance, you can get a collector's plate only if the car is in
original condition - no mags etc.

If he can't prove the mags are factory, he can't run them. If he puts them on
after he gets the plate and has an accident, he may risk having no insurance,
and even if he doesn't have an accident, if he is seen driving a non-period
car on that plate, he could have the plate taken away (obviously the details
vary with the jurisdiction).

Bill