Re: Midget advice

To: TNelson@tipton.k12.ia.us, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Midget advice
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 12:22:37 EDT
Hi Thomas,

Welcome to the list.  For future reference, post to mgs@autox.team.net,
rather than to the owner.  You may also want to subscribe to the Spridgets
list, which is dedicated to Sprites and Midgets, and has a much nicer list
logo than the MGs list!  Same routine to sign up.  Just write to good ole
Major Domo.

As far as which car, that is entirely up to you, and what you want to do with
it.  Except for the first model Sprite (Bugeye or Frogeye) and the last model
Midget (with the 1500cc Triumph engine) they are the same car.

Take a glance at the MG web sites that abound on the Internet.  Pick a body
style that you like, then look for the BEST condition car you can find.
Sometimes condition is more of a determining factor than which model.  I was
looking for a nice chrome bumper Midget or Sprite, but found a good condition
rubber bumper 1500 Midget instead and bought it.  They are ALL fun to drive.

If you are a good wrench turner, look for a nice, rust-free (or as close as
possible) example.  Rust is the hardest thing to fix, but almost all
mechanical repairs are simple and parts are readily available.  Any questions
posted to these lists will help you with your repairs.

BTW, I just finished a very long stint as a band parent with the Abington H.
S. Marching Ghosts in Pennsylvania (my three kids).  Thank you for all the
hard work and long hours that go into being a band director.  You help the
young members of your band to prepare for their future much more than you
could ever imagine.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget