Overdrive Problems - '77B

To: MGS <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Overdrive Problems - '77B
From: Rich Peterson <kerry3@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2000 22:30:42 -0400
Well, the weather has been great here in Michigan and I've been enjoying
taking the long route to work, but have stumbled across an old problem
that will not go away  . . . The overdrive cuts in and out randomly once
the car has been driving for a while.  I checked and cleaned all the
electrical connections last fall before I garaged the car for winter and
thought I had solved the problem, but alas, I have not.  I'm starting to
suspect that the solonoid coil is on it's way out, but thought I'd
solicit the group's opinion prior to troubleshooting with my checkbook.
Anything else I should look at?  Any way to check the solonoid?  I might
try hooking up a meter to the solonoid wire so I can watch the voltage
for fluctuations as the OD cuts in and out, but other suggestions are
welcomed.

Regards,

Rich P.