X-Member

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: X-Member
From: "David Hill" <Davhill@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 21:54:37 +0100
Hi, All.

Problem this afternoon- a new one on me. The front crossmember on Rex the
'72 GT is rotten!
I'd already found some holes in the bottoms of the chassis rails-above the
X-member mount on the right side and above the roll (sway) bar staples on
both sides. But, when blasting the X-member, I found a small hole between
the right side front and rear mounts, a tiny hole near the right rear
extension and a large (3" x 1/4") crescent shaped rot hole above the right
side spring locator-this is also rotten.
It's repairable but who would have thought that a big lump of iron like B
crossmember would rot out-you live and learn.

Dave Hill

York UK.

Can I Telework for you? See what I do, at...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz4/davtel/index.html
Troubled by a phobia? Know someone who has one? Go to...
http://www.angelfire.com/de/ukphobias/index.html