Re: 79B carb tuning question

To: "Keith Gernert" <kgernert@triad.rr.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 79B carb tuning question
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 21:00:08 +0100
An analyser may work for setting up a single carb but not twins, since the
most important thing on the latter is balance.  You may like to look at the
info on twin SUs on the web site below - select 'Spanners' and 'SU Carbs'.
You can use an analyser on twin carbs after setting them up, but you must be
sure to adjust both carbs by the same amount in the same direction or you
will lose the balance again.  I use the Gunsons to get my V8 through its
emissions test each year, it is consistent but reads about 2% high.

PaulH.