RE: Thanks all

To: "'Michael Walter'" <mwalter@luminet.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Thanks all
From: "Garner, Joseph P." <JPGarner@UCDavis.Edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 11:28:38 -0700
It depends on the kind of female connector. If the offending piece is an
all-female junction doobrey, or can otherwise be removed simply from the
car. A great way to clean these guys of oily dirt at least, is to soak them
in nail-polish remover and scrub them with an old tooth-brush. I'm sure you
could do that in situ, but you might want to check that the acetone in the
anil polish remover isn't going to melt the insulation on any wires! In the
case of corrosion, try a bog-standard battery terminal cleaner, and scrub
with a toothbrush. never undestimate the toothbrush.  IMHO YMMV

cheers

Joe

Dr. Joseph Garner
University of California