Re: Classic Car Insurance

To: saidel@crab.rutgers.edu
Subject: Re: Classic Car Insurance
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 14:29:04 EDT
saidel@crab.rutgers.edu writes:

<<          Hagerty priced a comparative policy for my 76B that was 1/10th
 Allstate's price.
 That is a kind of amazing difference. I find it such a difference that I
 begin to distrust Hagerty (why not distrust Allstate ????...actually
 despite bad press, Allstate for me has come through quite promptly twice in
 not-my-fault accidents.)

 Can anyone verify that Hagerty, when push comes to shove,
 comes through with a prompt check for repairs? >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I haven't had a claim with Hagerty but they have a pretty good reputation as
far as I have heard.  The reason that they cost less than Allstate is that
they only insure classic and antique cars.  Owners of these cars are more
careful drivers, and they don't drive as far every year as the soccer mom in
the SUV who talks on the cell phone whilst putting on makeup.  (How much
would you charge her for insurance!)

Just my 2 cents.  YMMV!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward