Re: MGAs/MGBs

To: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Subject: Re: MGAs/MGBs
From: Phil Bates <jello@ida.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 17:59:32 -0600
The B is a '67.  The A, however, has a 3 main MGB motor with a 1500 head
(which doesn't breathe as well, but seems to work fine at my altitude -
4800ft).  I also put in MGB rear axle gearing.  So, theoretically, they
should perform identically, with the exception of weight, and I think the B
is lighter.  But then again 5 bearings vs. three means more friction.  I
really haven't been able to figure out why the A performs better, but it
does.

Phil Bates