Norwegian MGB GT passed..

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Norwegian MGB GT passed..
From: jon.arikstad@merkantildata.no
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 16:40:21 +0200
Its 'EU kontroll', (MOT), yesterday.
2 years till next time

I still have problem¨s with pinking, I know I need a setup on a rolling
road, but I asked the workshop to look into it.

The good news,
all cylinders had the same compression rate.

The bad news,
compression is 13:1 !!!!

I know that the PO ( I think I will call him PO), had some cylinder head
work done at a workshop that hm.. what
should I call them.., and I know that the PO said 'yes' when they asked if
they also should raise the compression,

but 13:1 ???

I have had a real expert to look at the head. His remark was, 'everything
looks OK, but I think someone has taken to much off it.'

I can use double syl. head gaskets, and change oil, and head gaskets
regularly.
I can do some more work, on the cyl head, make the combustion chambers
bigger.
I can by a new cyl. head ( ouch £££ )

I have a weber 45dcoe, carb. I will try larger main /air jets They are at
155/170 today ( setup from Moss, UK)
Have a nice looong weekend, thanks for all help I have got so far

Jon Arikstad
1970 Pinking GT