re: Haggerty CC Insurance Report

To: <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Subject: re: Haggerty CC Insurance Report
From: <SRegel@dpra.com> (Scott Regel)
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 11:05:18 EDT
Sounds great Dan.  But does the car have to be garaged?  Any other limitations?

TIA

Scott
76B
---------- Original Text ----------

From: "Dan DiBiase" <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>, on 6/9/2000 9:50 AM:

I called them yesterday, and for my 76 MGB, with an
agreed value of $5000, it would be $95/year (which
would drop to $75 next year upon it's 25th birthday).
This is with full comprehensive and collision and a
zero deductible. Raising the liability to $500k and
PIP to $500k would raise the premium to $110. They
have a chart they use for agreed value that basically
say if a car is between a "2" and a "3" in terms of
condition, this is the value guideline. But you're not
committed to this value, you can come up with
different numbers if you choose. No mileage
limitation, but as the girl said, they 'prefer' that
you do not use it as a daily driver and do ask for
proof (via your current policy) that you have at least
one additional car for each registered driver.

Since mine is not a daily driver (although I use it
probably 4 days per week in non-inclement weather...)
this works well for me.

Thanks to all that responded to my original inquiry,
this is going to save me about $400/year. Next time we
all get together, the first round is on me!

=====
Dan D
Dayton, NJ
76 MGB Tourer - Brooklands Green