variety

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: variety
From: MalcolmJeffcock <jeffcock@istar.ca>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 20:38:51 -0300
Listers:
        I recentlyaquired a 74 B, engine out. Story was that previous
owner was about to put it in when his serious illness took a flare up.
Had not been able to to do anything as hospitalized for the last two
years...anyway my quaestion relates to anumber of things about this
engibe. It is all assembled with intake manifold, carbs, engine mounts
rubbers even starter on it. How can you tell if the clutch is ok? I can
tell no problem when its in the car but who wants to put iyt in only to
find that I need anew clutch. Also the car has two battery boxes-what
sould I look for to tell if its converted to single 12 volt
battery..also if its dual batteries how do I go about converting to
single 12 volt battery?
        What size bolts are used to install engine to the tranny?

                                Malcolm in Nova Scotia

74 B
75 B
79 Mini