Re: No oil leaks!?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: No oil leaks!?
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 12:52:16 +0000
Geoffrey Gallaway wrote:

> My 70 BGT doesnt leak oil after a complete engine overhaul and
> transmission clean-up. Maybe if you pour a little oil on the sides
> and top of the engine to make it look more original? You could also
> poke a small hole in the oil pan?

Thanks to all for their responses.

This must be, by far, the most practical and sensible of all suggestions
and the one that I will undertake immediately.

The people who found, fitted and painted my NEW heritage aluminium
bonnet/hood went a little overboard... they cleaned everything up and
even cut/polished the rest of the car (this level of service worries
me... what had they done wrong in the first place to try this hard to
make me happy - like when your wife comes home to find you have cleaned
up the house AND bought her flowers and chocolates:-)

I am going to take this car out... thrash her mercilessly to get a
decent bit of road grime on her and hopefully some stone chips in the
new paintwork, then I will liberally splash some old oil on the block in
case the above doesn't work.  I am sure that she is not happy unless she
is grubby, grimey and dripping (this sentence does not even remotely
relate to my previous paragraph).

In other words... I am going for a drive in my 'new' car :-)

Eric
'68MGB MkII

PS If any Aussies were at Winton this weekend for the MG Challenge,
please let me know what a fantastic time I missed out on... grrrrr (did
you miss me??)