Re: Ethanol & Push Starting

To: "Lundy, John D." <JOHN.D.LUNDY@saic.com>, "'MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ethanol & Push Starting
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 10:36:20 -0600
I used to always be a big believer in the ethanol mix when it was
available. When I lived in Nebraska, I used to burn it all the time in my
65B. It will burn a bit cleaner and may even clean out the fuel system. It
may be slightly more prone to vapor lock however. Other than that, you
shouldn't notice a big difference.

As far as octane, requirements are lower at higher elevation. I'm sure you
can run with 87 with no problem. I've been running at 87 for quite a while
now at 3000 feet but I didn't have any problem when I was living in Utah at
7000 feet with the 87.

David
67 BGT
71 BGT