Rocker Assembly

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rocker Assembly
From: "Dereck C" <derex39@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 19:43:10 GMT
Hi all,

In my continueing saga of reassembling this B motor I have come to another
area of uncertainty.  I am putting the freshly machined rocker assembly on a
non-crossflow alum head.  A couple of months ago I went to a MG cylinder
tech session here in VA (Sykes Machine Shop) and comment came out "don't
forget to put on the washer" when attaching the rocker assembly.  What
washer were they talking about?  Could it be the shims?  This is a 70 block,
I am not sure I had shims (it has been 2 years since I took it apart) - was
the conclusion to put them on (previous thread).  I checked the archives but
I could not seem to see a conclusion (Lawrie? Barney?)?  I would hate to
ruin a brand new rocker assembly.

Big Thanks

Dereck

BTW I am on the digest, please copy me on your reply.